Monster response

Thursday, July 27, 2006
Honestly, I’m shocked at how many responses I’ve had from monster.com! Wow!! I had to make my resume no longer searchable. For real! I have had over 30 companies and recruiters contact me talking about jobs. It was difficult for the first few, so I had to resort to measures that I hope didn’t offend anyone. I didn’t want to waste anyone’s time, especially being a casual browser, so I sent everyone who contacted me the following cover letter. Was it too much? I don’t know, but most of the people I sent it to were very appreciative and thanked me for not puttering around talking about some job I knew I wasn’t going to be interested in. (I think it’s called being honest or integrity or something like that..)

I appreciate your email, but I want to be sure I don't waste your time. So..

I won't consider leaving my current position for less than $<insanely large yearly salary> per year for permanent or about $<insanely large hourly wage>/hr for contracting. That is consistent with other offers I've recently received.

I have very high requirements for the jobs I look at, such as compensation, the company itself, and what I would be working on. I sometimes come across, especially during the interview process, as a puffy, arrogant person. I'm not. I know what I'm doing and I am confident in my existing knowledge and my abilities to learn new things exceptionally quick. But, I'm actually a quite nice, friendly and supportive person. I share my knowledge freely with others and hope that I can learn from others (and usually do).

Anyway, I am looking specifically for a Windows CE development position including Pocket PC, Windows Mobile, and CE.net thin clients (Wyse, Neoware, etc). If you have any jobs with Pocket PC, Windows Mobile, Windows CE.net, or BlackBerry positions, please let me know!

Again, please don't mistake my being picky about jobs and being upfront with arrogance or showmanship.


What do you think? Are you doing or have you done anything similar in the past with good or bad results?
Older Post Home Newer Post