Integrating TortoiseSVN with Visual Studio

Thursday, September 11, 2008 Labels: ,
Going back to using a file explorer separately for managing RCS, after using TFS built into Visual Studio has been a little irritating. That's not because I prefer TFS, because I don't. In fact, I hope I never have to go back to TFS again - at least until it doesn't crash continually and take minutes to perform actions that should take only seconds. And, of course TFS would have to actually perform the actions I request of it too. (But that's another post.)

Nonetheless I've quickly become tired of switching between Total Commander and Visual Studio just to do updates and commits. I was about to resurrect my old CVS batch files again when I found an excellent set of scripts to enable TortoiseSVN from within Visual Studio.

http://garrys-brain.blogspot.com/2007/07/tortoisesvn-and-visual-studio.html

I have not tried all of the features yet, only the basics. But those have worked without any problems at all.
Older Post Home Newer Post