Google Classifieds

Monday, November 7, 2005
This evening I was thinking about the other areas that Google could receive advertising dollars from. One of things I thought of was personal classified advertisements. I, personally, would love to be able to properly sort and filter local classified ads on items such as guitars, tools, and anything else normally advertised in the paper.

I have never had a newspaper subscription, but I have purchased them in the past when looking for a good deal on something and searched the newspaper’s website for classifieds. Both are equally terrible. No, I take that back. The online classified is much worse, because of its potential; you’d expect it to be at least usable.

Google Billboards

Why don’t they offer some graphical advertisements on some sites? The images (or SWF files) could vary in size and shapes, of course. I know that I notice graphical advertisements immediately on a page, before I notice the ad words. If the graphical ads were contextual; then you’d have another great product. I wouldn’t mind them and sometimes might prefer them. Of course, I’m not talking about the stupid, annoying shoot the target ads.
Older Post Home Newer Post